Sunday, August 16, 2009

Busy Week!

It's been a very busy week for us here - and somewhat of an emotional ride at the same time.
Earlier this week, I lost my Grandmother rather suddenly. The family has pulled together, and as many are in times of crisis, getting along quite well all things considered. We held her service on Friday, and in honour of her, instead of ordering a floral arrangement, I decided to make one for her that I thought would reflect her spunk, her roots, and her zest for life.
I used purple fuji mums, pink sweet heart roses, white snapdragons, and limonium to make this arrangement for my Nana.

After the service, my Mom (my partner) and I got straight back to work preparing for a most wonderful bride and her most wonderful groom. This was such a happy, generous, sincere, and thoughtful couple - It was truly my honour to have had any part of their big day!
The first wrinkle we hit this weekend was that all of the bridal party and their guests were about 45 minutes early, which meant people saw us in action, and we had to make ourselves scarce before completely finishing our set up - Thankfully, we were on hand til after the ceremony was finished, so while everyone was witnessing the vows, Mom and I got back to work at making Amy's vision come true! They made a beautiful couple, and will make a formidable team now that they are husband and wife.
Because of the time crunch I had to be stealthy in trying to catch this photo - so it's not as clear as I would have liked it to be - but, what a fabulous sneak peek for them. We did aisle decor for Amy and Wil, which included tulle swags to rope off the aisle and block the aisle prior to their procession.
Amy wanted a punch of colour as her guests arrived at the venue. Her colours were bright orange and hot pink, and I think these rose arrangements made just the right impact at the venues entrance. With a soft scent of rose, and simplicity of arrangement, the flowers spoke for themselves!



Finally, the reason Amy reached out to me in the first place. Amy and Wil wanted a photo station where they could take photographs with their guests, and where their guests could take photos throughout the night. What they didn't want however, was the standard photo booth, or a photographer's stock screen. They wanted something different and substantial enough to fill in a large empty space of their venue foyer. Sitting with them, and bringing as many creative ideas to the table as possible, we came up with the design below with an aim of playing up the garden atrium signature of Le Parc in Thornhill. We incorporated the bride's silk rose centrepiece and substituted a garden bench for the three covered venue chairs, and voila, a completely unique and transferable backdrop that was completely "one of a kind".

Congratulations Amy and Wil!

No comments:

Post a Comment